*Thanks to Hellenbrand for sponsoring this post. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.
Contaminated drinking water has been in the news lately, so everyone knows that having safe and clean drinking water for you and your family is important. Even if your home gets city water, it can still contain contaminants that could make the water unsafe for both you and your home. (Check out this Hellenbrand infographic to see how water can pick up contaminants on the way to your home.)
I’ve been trying to drink more water lately. I know I don’t drink enough water, and can get sometimes get dehydrated with headaches. Plus, but by not drinking enough water, I may lose out on these health benefits of drinking enough water (according to Web MD):
- Your Body May Function Better: Your body is composed of 60% water, so if you don’t drink enough water (or water-based fluids), the functioning of things like your digestive system, circulation and body temperature could be affected.
- Feeling More Energized: You’ll feel more tired when you are dehydrated, so drink plenty of water to keep your energy levels up.
- Feeling Less Stressed: Your brain is made up of 70-80% water, so if you don’t get enough fluids, you may feel more stress and your brain may not function optimally.
- More Youthful-Looking Skin: Your skin needs water to look it’s best, and wrinkles and fine lines will be more pronounced when you are dehydrated.
- Better Digestion: Your colon needs water to function properly. If you don’t drink enough fluids, things can get backed up — if you know what I mean!
- Water Can Help Control Calories — People sometimes mistake thirst for hunger, so if you drink more water, you might eat less! Plus, if drink pure water instead of sugary drinks like sodas and juices, you may take in fewer calories.
Healthy Drinking Water
A Hellenbrand water analysis can help determine the quality of a home’s water, and pinpoint whether it contains any impurities and contaminants. Regular tap water can have hidden contaminants like lead, chlorine or nitrates. Such contaminants can be removed with a Hellenbrand water treatment system. The system filters out up to 99% of contaminants left behind through standard water filtration. With a Hellenbrand system, I would know that my drinking water is safe. Visit the Hellenbrand website to request a free water analysis.
Better Water for Your Home
A Hellenbrand water analysis can also help you understand how you can reduce the effects of having hard water in your home. (Hard water is water that has a high mineral content.) The mineral content of hard water can clog up your appliances, put spots on your dishes, dry your skin and leave your clothes dull and scratchy. My family and I have sensitive skin, so none of these hard water effects sound good!
Also, I regularly see mineral deposits in the fish tank that I keep for my kids, so I know that our water likely has a high mineral content.) The hard water that we no doubt have makes keeping the fish tank clean a BIG chore for me!