I don’t enjoy cleaning my home, and the thing I like the least is cleaning the bathrooms. In fact, I will only clean a bathroom if I can shower immediately after! I tend to clean the bathroom first thing in the morning. Even if I wear gloves while cleaning, I don’t feel clean after cleaning the bathroom. So, I like to clean the bathroom a few times a week before I shower, so the bathroom doesn’t get too dirty! (I am a bit of a germaphobe – at least when it comes to the bathroom!)
I suspect that a lot of people feel the same way I do –According to the Scrubbing Bubbles® Dirty Work Index, one-in-three of all people agree that the bathroom is the dirtiest room in their house. But, two-in-three of people clean their bathroom at least once a week, so that is a good thing!
Keeping the Complete Clean
When I clean my home’s bathrooms, I love to use Scrubbing Bubbles® Multi Surface Bathroom Cleaner. Scrubbing Bubbles is great for someone like me who, with three bathrooms in my home, tends to overlook a bathroom every now and then. So, Scrubbing Bubbles helps me get a complete clean in every bathroom, even though it may have been a bit too long since that bathroom has been cleaned! (The worst bathroom in the home tends to be my tween daughters’ bathroom. Since I don’t use that bathroom, I sometimes don’t notice how much it needs to be cleaned — or how much hair there is in the sink — right away!)
Clean Your Bathroom in 20 Minutes or Less
If you clean your bathroom every few days, it should only take a few minutes to give it a quick clean. These are the steps I take to give my bathrooms a speedy, disinfecting clean. (To get rid of those icky germs!) When you want to quick clean, it really comes in handy to have an all-around useful cleaner like Scrubbing Bubbles® Multi Surface Bathroom Cleaner. It cleans dirt and grime, wipes away soap scum and eliminates germs. You waste time (and money) using multiple cleaners! I like the Fresh Citrus scent!
- Assemble your supplies. It’s easiest to use one main bathroom cleaner, so you don’t have to gather a lot of supplies. A great one is Scrubbing Bubbles Multi Surface Bathroom Cleaner. It kills 99.9 % of viruses and bacteria, which is really great considering we’re in cold and flu season! I’ve found that Scrubbing Bubbles® Multi Surface Bathroom Cleaner does a great job on just about any surface! I also like to use paper towels, gloves and a scrubbing sponge. It’s handy to have a waste basket or trash bag on hand.
- Put on gloves. You may want to have a second pair of gloves on hand.
- Spray the mirror, the counters, the sink faucet(s) and the sink(s) with Scrubbing Bubbles® Multi Surface Bathroom Cleaner.
- Spray the tub and shower with Scrubbing Bubbles® Multi Surface Bathroom Cleaner. (I even use the Scrubbing Bubbles® on the glass walls of my bathroom shower – it works great and doesn’t leave a residue.)
- Spray the top, sides and the inside of the toilet generously with Scrubbing Bubbles® Multi Surface Bathroom Cleaner.
- Apply a wet paper towel to your bathroom mirror and wipe clean. Dry with a dry paper towel. Use a wet scrubbing sponge to scrub any residue or soap scum off your sinks and faucet(s). Use a wet paper towel or two to wipe down your counters. Wipe the sink, counters and faucet(s) with a dry paper towel to buff and shine. Dispose used paper towels.
- Use a wet scrubbing sponge to quickly scrub the tile, fixtures and glass in your shower/tub. Dry fixtures and glass with a dry paper towel. (So you won’t leave streaks or spots.)
- Wipe down the top, sides and then the seat of the bathroom toilet with a wet paper towel or two. Dry with clean paper towel(s). Use a toilet brush to quickly scrub the inside of the toilet. I am weirded out by germs, so after I clean the toilet, I put on a fresh pair of gloves. (I don’t want to clean anything else wearing a pair of gloves I wore to scrub the toilet.)
This is how I quick-clean my bathroom. I do a deep-clean of the bathroom on occasion, or focus on just one area, but this is what I do if I want a basic and speedy all-over bathroom clean. For more on how you can add Scrubbing Bubbles® Multi Surface Bathroom Cleaner to your cleaning routine, visit Scrubbing Bubbles® on Facebook and Twitter.