This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thanks to DecoArt for sponsoring this post. DecoArt provided the paint used to paint my DIY bathroom mirror frame and to paint my bathroom vanity. These links cost you nothing, but may earn me a small commission that helps run this blog if you make a purchase.
Welcome to the 6th and final week of One Room Challenge (ORC), hosted by Linda of Calling It Home! If you haven’t been following along, I’ve been working the past several weeks to give a new look to my teen daughters’ hall bathroom.
In case you missed my previous posts, this is what I have accomplished so far:
The below is what the bathroom looked like before I started my project. It was a sage green and I had painted it about 10 years ago when my daughters were toddlers. Most of the decor you see on the walls in the before photo below were added about 6 years ago.
Fresh New Bathroom Paint
My daughters picked out the paint color we used for this makeover – Yarsmourh Blue, by Benjamin Moore. I really love this beautiful and calming color!
Thanks to DecoArt for being a sponsor of my spring 2019 guest participation in the One Room Challenge! I used DecoArt Americana Decor Satin Enamels Paint in Smoke Grey for the bathroom cabinet and for my DIY bathroom mirror frame.
The below shows what the painted bathroom vanity and my DIY mirror frame look against the beautiful Yarsmouth Blue. I think the Smoke Grey paint by DecoArt looks really nice against the Benjamin Moore Yarsmouth Blue. (I painted the leaf motif on the mirror with DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint in Shoreline.) If you would like to see how I put the mirror frame together and how I painted my DIY mirror frame, check out my Week 4 One Room Challenge Post.
DIY Bathroom Art
Last week, I added a beautiful koi fish painting to the room. One of my daughters painted the painting for the room over her spring break. I think her painting is perfect for the space! The painting is framed in a 11×14 Black Gallery Picture Frame .
I wanted to add art of some kind to the wall next to the window. So just yesterday, I made a “dreamcatcher” for the wall. I’ll be sharing the tutorial on the blog soon!
The dreamcatcher was quick and easy to make, and I think it looks pretty in the space.
You might have noticed that there is a new toilet in the bathroom. The original toilet (from 15 years ago) was constantly clogging, so we decided it was time to replace it. We also replaced the hot water heater in our home.
Last week I added a new bathroom cabinet (for extra storage space) and some succulents that I potted in mason jars to the space.
This week I added a clock to one wall to help my daughters stay on schedule on school mornings.
Finally, this week I organized the under cabinet space in the bathroom by adding plastic organizers.
That rounds up my bathroom makeover! Participating in the One Room Challenge was a lot of fun and really motivated me to get the job done! I am hoping to complete another room makeover for the One Room Challenge in the fall.