Welcome to this month’s Taste Creations Linkup blog hop, where we will be sharing our salad bowl recipes! The Taste Creations blog hop happens on the 1st Monday of Every Month at 7am PST / 10am EST.
July’s featured ingredient will be tomatoes, so be sure to stop by on Monday, July 4, to browse some great tomato recipes!
Basil Watermelon Feta & Strawberry Salad
For my salad bowl recipe, I decided to create a light salad with some of my summer favorites — basil, watermelon and strawberries! This salad is a cinch to put together. It only takes a few minutes to chop the salad, watermelon and berries! I use crumbled feta so this salad requires little work!
- 4 cups chopped lettuce (I used red leaf)
- 1 cup chopped watermelon
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 5 shredded basil leaves
- Chop the lettuce and then wash and drain the lettuce. Wash strawberries. Chop your strawberries and watermelon. Shred the basil. Place the lettuce in the salad bowl, and toss the strawberries, watermelon, feta and shredded basil on top.
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Please follow your Hosts on social media!
Be sure to check out my friend’s salad creations this month!