This post was sponsored by Cedar Bay. I received a cedar planked salmon in exchange for my review. This post contains Amazon affiliate links for your shopping convenience. They cost you nothing, but Mom Home Guide may earn a small commission that helps fund this blog if you make a purchase. Thanks!
This recipe for Green Salad with Salmon, Avocado and Tomato (plus a creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing) is so easy and fun to prepare and is so delicious! I made this recipe with a portion of cedar planked Sugar & Spice 24 ounce cedar planked salmon from Cedar Bay Grilling Company. The frozen portion of salmon came pre-seasoned with brown sugar, cracked black pepper, lemon rind, sea salt and other spices. Yum! The salmon came with its own pre-soaked cedar plank. To prepare the salmon, all I did was defrost it and heat it up on the grill for about 15 minutes. This salmon is simple to prepare. I like cooking on the grill — I adore the added flavor the grill lends, and I like that grilling outside on the patio means less kitchen cleanup!
Today my blogging friends and I are getting together for the Taste Creations blog hop. We will all be sharing summer fruit recipes. My recipe will feature two summer fruits that people often don’t realize are fruit — avocados and tomatoes. My recipe for Green Salad with Salmon, Avocado and Tomato (plus corn and a creamy cilantro lime dressing) combines the fun of summer grilling with the freshness of a crisp, green salad. Be sure to check out my friends’ summer fruit recipes at the end of this post!
Southwestern Green Salad with Salmon, Avocado & Tomato
I love learning how to grill new recipes on my Weber Propane Gas Grill. I first started out with just hot dogs and hamburgers, but I have been expanding my repertoire lately. My newest obsession is cooking fresh Atlantic salmon on the grill. Cedar Bay Grilling Company makes it so easy with their planked salmon portions. To make a delicious salmon dish, I just preheat the grill to 425°F, place a defrosted Cedar Bay Grilling Company planked salmon in the grill, and let it cook for for 12-15 minutes, or until the core temperature reaches 158°F.
While my grill was heating, I whipped up a creamy and delicious cilantro lime dressing. (See the recipe card below.) I then washed and prepared the greens, carrots, tomatoes and cilantro. I also chopped the avocado, tomato and onion. I then placed the salad, avocado, carrots, tomatoes, onion and corn in a large wood salad bowl. I topped the salad with crushed tortilla chips. I like to pair the salad bowl with a colorful pair of salad servers . Once the salmon was done, I topped the salad with the creamy cilantro and lime dressing and the salmon.
I love how easy it is to grill the planked salmon from Cedar Bay Grilling Company! Last month I made a Smoky Ginger & Orange Salad with a portion of cedar planked Orange Ginger salmon from Cedar Bay Grilling Company. Cedar Bay Grilling Company salmon can be purchased at Kroger, Publix, Hannaford, Safeway, Albertsons, Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, Giant, Giant eagle, Stop n Shop and Roche Bros.
- 1 24-ounce portion of Sugar & Spice Salmon (defrosted) from Cedar Bay Grilling Company
- 16 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 Cup Shredded carrots
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2-3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- SALAD DRESSING
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- A pinch or two of salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the salad greens, carrots, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Place the salad in a large salad bowl.
- Top the salad with the sliced onion, tomatoes, corn, cilantro leaves and avocado. Sprinkle the salad with the crushed tortilla chips.
- Prepare the salad dressing: Place the Greek yogurt, cilantro leaves, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse the food processor until everything is evenly combined. Set the dressing aside in a small bowl.
- Grill the salmon according to the package's directions.
- Once cooked, slice the salmon and use it to top the salad.
- Finish off the salad with the salad dressing.
To learn more about Cedar Bay Grilling Conpany’s fresh salmon, check out these links:
Be sure to visit my blogging friends’ delicious summer fruit recipes!