This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If I’m lucky, these links earn me a small commission that help to fund this blog. Thanks! 🙂
Welcome to the Taste Creations blog hop! Once a month my blogging friends and I get together and share recipes based on a single ingredient.This month we are featuring cranberries! For my recipe, I’m sharing a delicious, yet easy recipe for cranberry and lemon shortbread cookies. I made these cookies for Thanksgiving. They were delicious! These cookies are perfect for Christmas and the holiday season!
I’ve always loved shortbread cookies — a big plus is that they are easy to mix and bake, too!
Cranberry Lemon Shortbread Cookies
(recipe courtesy of Hearth & Vine )
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped (use a Chef’s Knife or a Food Chopper)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Mix butter and sugar on medium speed until well blended. (I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer.)
- Add the flour approximately 1/2 at a time and mix until combined.
- Add chopped cranberries and lemon zest, mix in well.
- Transfer about half of the dough onto plastic wrap and roll into a log.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut dough into 1/4 inch rounds and bake for 10 minutes. (I baked mine on Silicone Baking Mats on Stainless Steel Cookie Sheets.)
- Switch pans by moving the top pan to the bottom and the bottom pan to the top.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cookies start to brown.
- When the cookies are baked, carefully remove the cookies to a wire baking rack to cool.
If you like this recipe, pin it for later!
Be sure to check out my friend’s cranberry recipes!